How effective are your people in getting results through others? Andrew shares the REWARDS formula that can dramatically improve results when delegating tasks to others.
- Specify the Results that you want
- Specify what Evidence will prove that the desired results have been achieved
- Make it clear Why the result is important
- Make it clear that you are proposing an Agreement – a contract which comes along with responsibility.
- Allow the Responsible party to negotiate changes
- Document the agreement
- Monitor and Support but do not solve problems for them
- Acknowledge accomplishments and give REWARDS if appropriate