‘Feedback’ is much misunderstood, yet it is crucial for learning and performance, for both individuals and organizations as a whole. Andrew explains why obtaining feedback is so important, and how to go about getting it. He covers:
- Why feedback only makes sense in the context of a goal you are committed to
- The essence of feedback: you must be able to recognize the results of your actions in the information you receive
- The need to ensure feedback follows quickly after your actions
- The 3Q formula for high-quality debriefing (For more on 3Q – and its role for building on strengths – see the August Pragmatics Newsletter).
- Striking the right balance between learning and achievement objectives