You want to reinvent the business before you run out of road...
Very often a forward-thinking leader will say, "We're doing well now, but there's a threat, and if we don't come up with something, our best days will soon be behind us." That threat could come from a new technology, like AI. It could be a regulatory change (there are many that are energy-related at the moment). It could be the rise of a disruptive competitor. It could also be something internal, like complacency – people assume that because you were the best, customers still see you that way today.
Can your organization learn fast enough?
If your rate of learning is slower than the rate of change in your environment, you're in trouble. Typical problems...
- Your people can't or won't recognise that a proven formula is fast approaching its sell-by date.
- They think the answer is just to redouble your current efforts.
- They may even fight efforts to change, seeing them as implicit criticism of what they're doing today.
- Even if they recognise the problem, they can't come up with anything you can afford to do.
So you have a twin challenge: come up with a new formula, and bring your people with you.
Listen to Andy talking with Ninder Johal on The Business Influencer podcast.
Here's some fresh thinking to help you...
Andy's books are chock full of ideas to help, and you can read sample chapters for free.
- If you feel you need most help with coming up with a new success formula, look at Start With What Works: a faster way to grow your business.
- If bringing people with you is the priority, have a look at Committed Action: the three-step method to inspire your people to take ownership and get results.
Subscribe below and we'll keep you up-to-date with insights, suggestions, invitations to webinars and other ideas.
Haven't got time to read a book?
If you want to hear yourself think out loud about the issues facing your business's future, request a call with Andy for a zero-pressure chat.